Energy Saving Tips: For Car-Owners
- Keep your car tires properly inflated. Tires that are under-inflated reduce performance and require more gas. Keep them properly inflated to increase your gas mileage.
- Plan your trips. Combine your errands into a single outing so you can avoid making multiple round trips.
- Maintain your vehicle. Changing your oil and replacing the oil filter will improve fuel economy, and keeping your car well-tuned will help you save about 10 percent more gasoline.
- Avoid lengthy idling. If you have to stop somewhere for more than one minute it’s more efficient to turn off the engine rather than letting it idle.
- Lighten your load. Hauling heavy items reduces fuel economy. If you don’t need to take a heavy object with you on a trip, leave it at home.